Departure Dates (2013): June15, July 27, August 31
Cost: Starting from CA$3500.00 / call for quotes
- Sail on a true clipper ship Athens to Istanbul
- Special private shore excursions during the cruise exclusive to our Civilized Adventures members.
- Hidden coves & pristine beaches, seaside cafes, ancient sites
- Land extension taking you to intriguing Cappadocia & Istanbul
- Hand-picked lodging include luxury historic hotels & boutique properties in Turkey
- All transfers & internal flights are included for a carefree experience
- Breakfast daily; all meals while on the star clipper and other meals as per itinerary.
- Beautiful and idyllic ports of call in Greece include Mykonos, Kos, and Patmos
- Sail the mediterranean on the 360 ft. 4 masted Star Clipper
- see some of the most impressive and best-preserved sites of the ancient world, including Ephesus
- See amazing landscapes and bizarre rock formations in Cappadocia, and the “cotton castle” of Pamukkale
- See dwellings and churches carved into the rock of the Goreme Valley, where early Christians evaded the Romans
- Wine-tasting in Cappadocia
- Explore exotic Istanbul and discover the Blue Mosque, the Hagia Sofia, Topkapi Palace, and much more!
- Enjoy wonderful, richly-flavoured cuisine
ATHENS: Board the Star Clipper in the evening for dinner and prepare to set sail. (D)
MYKONOS, GREECE: Drop anchor at Mykonos and have the day to explore. (B,L,D)
KOS, GREECE: Visit Asklepeion, the world`s first medical centre founded by Hippocrates and known for its therapeutic treatments. (B,L,D)
PATMOS, GREECE: Stroll the quaint and pretty port town of Scala. Patmos has three peaks connected by two isthmuses with a long, narrow coastline and many small bays where you can enjoy various shore excursions. (B,L,D)
KUSADASI, TURKEY Enjoy the beautiful beach of Camlimani then a tour of historical Ephesus. B,L,D)
DIKILI, TURKEY Visit this beach town and take an optional tour to Pergamon, one of the major classical sites in Turkey and considered to be on of the most beautiful cities of the ancient world. (B,L,D)
CANAKKALE, TURKEY You will have a change to see the imposing Kilitbahir fortress as well as a tour of Troy, one of the most famous ancient sites in the world. (B,L,D)
ISTANBUL TO CAPPADOCIA Stay 3 nights in the unusual and intriguing area of Cappadocia. Visit the Goreme Open-Air Museum, the Devrent Vally and Kaymakli underground city, just to name a few of the intersting stops! (3B,2L,1D)
ISTANBUL: We fly to Istanbul and settle into our hotel in the heart of the historic Sultanahmet district. We explore the old core (the Roman Hippodrome, the magnificent 17th century Blue Mosque and St. Sophia). We will also visit the famous Spice Market, the impressive Topkapi Palace Museum, the Grand Bazaar and a leisurely cruise along the Bosphorus, the natural waterway separating Asia from Europe that effectively splits Istanbul in half. We will finish up with a farewell dinner at a lovely rooftop restaurant soaking up the views of Istanbul (3B,1L,2D)
ISTANBUL: After breakfast we’ll transfer to the airport. (B)
Cost - call for pricing
Starting Athens/Ending Istanbul (per person, sharing):
All quoted prices and itinerary effective at time of publication (Jan.8, 2013). Itinerary is subject to change due to improvements or changes in local conditions; prices are subject to change.