Date: Mar. 24 - April 1, 2017. (with 4 night Galapagos Cruise).
Fits Spring Break in Calgary which is Mar. 23 - Apr. 2
Host: Expert Local Guides
Cost: Starting from US$ 5,664/child, US$ 6,130-6,400/adult
Includes flights Quito to/from Galapagos
Book now & save US$ 1,075 per person!
At A Glance:
- 8 nights in Ecuador
- Starts in Quito on Mar. 24
- Ends in Quito on Apr. 1 (with overnight flights that arrive in Canada on Apr. 2)
- Includes flights Quito-Galapagos-Quito
- More time with a "Modfied Spring Break"? Consider Peru (Machu Picchu) or the Amazon.
- Excellent family adventure over Spring Break, 2017. Fits into Calgary's Spring Break Dates which are Mar. 23 to Apr. 2 (CBE Traditional Calendar)
- If your children are on the CBE Modified Calendar, you could easily extend this journey
- Stay 2 nights in Quito in a converted mansion, with time to see the UNESCO World Heritage historic centre.
- Experience the Galapagos on a 4 night cruise aboard a first-class yacht
- Stay 2 nights in the Andean highlands in a historic hacienda (lots of activities to enjoy)
- Professional guides throughout, including a specialist naturalist guide in the Galapagos
- Private touring includes historic Quito and the Andean highlands.
- Stand on the Equator!
- Enjoy great photo opportunities at the colourful highland market at Otavalo.
- Take walks in the highlands, snorkel with sea lions, and enjoy trail walks on various islands in the remote Galapagos Islands.
Itinerary (scroll down to link to the full itinerary)
Mar. 24 & 25 - ARRIVE QUITO (2 nts; Patio Andaluz Hotel, 1B, 1L,1D ): Once you’ve cleared customs and collected your bag you will be greeted by our representative and then transferred to our hotel. Next day, meet your fellow travellers and our expert Ecuadorian guide: enjoy Quito and surrounding area with a historical "old city tour" ending with lunch. Afternoon is at leisure, followed by a "welcome dinner".
Mar. 26, 27, 28 & 29 - GALAPAGOS ISLANDS (4 nts, Sea Star Journey, 4B, 4L, 4D): Fly to Baltra, one of two gateways in the Galapagos and begin your cruise on a first-class, 16 passenger yacht. Visit several islands and enjoy the many bird & animal species that call these islands home. Take part in swimming, snorkeling, and possibly kayaking as well as zodiac excursions (all activities are weather dependent).
Mar. 30 & 31 - OTAVALO (Andean Highlands) (2 nts, 2B, 1L, 1D): Leave the islands and flying to Quito. You'll be met and transferred to Otavalo and the historic Hacienda Cusin. Enjoy a variety of activities and see various sites in this beautiful region including a halfday guided tour on Mar. 31. Other activities could include mountain biking, mountain walks, horseback riding, or just relaxing and enjoying the views.
April 1 - OTAVALO & HOMEWARD (1B, 1L, 1D): See the famous handicraft market at Otavalo, stop for lunch, visit the Equator monument, then continue to a cozy hotel near the Quito airport. Dayrooms are reserved for you so you can freshen up and dinner is included. Later you'll be transferred to the airport to check-in for your flights.
Starting & ending in Quito. Book now and save US$1,075 per person.
- US$ 5,664 - NOW US$ 4,589 per child, twin share (up to & including age 11)
- US$ 6,130 - NOW US$ 5,055 per adult, twin share, choosing a "cabin" in the Galapagos. There are 7 twin cabins.
- US$ 6,440 - per adult, twin share, choosing a "suite" in the Galapagos. SOLD OUT.
Flights Quito to/from the Galapagos are included. All quoted prices effective at time of publication (revised Jan 3 '17). Itinerary is subject to change due to improvements or changes in local conditions; prices are subject to change.