Adventure Series Concept
The Adventure Series Concept: this series of carefully crafted trips is designed to maximize value without compromising your travel experience. Gain an understanding of local culture as you visit historic cities, Andean villages and the bustling Otavalo market. Observe wildlife in its natural environment with a stay in a rainforest reserve that protects a variety of colourful bird species and primates. You'll be hosted by an expert local guide who is assisted by a professional driver. Our team in Ecuador will always be on hand to assist you.
Date: Your choice
Host: Locally guided
Cost: Starting from US$2,540 (based on 4 travelling together)
Features & Highlights
- A value-oriented trip with great variety: volcanoes, cloudforest, markets & colonial Quito
- Top guide plus driver
- Historic Quito, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Hacienda stay when visiting the Avenue of the Volcanoes
- Mindo & the Sachatamia Rainforest Reserve
- Hacienda stay when visiting world-famous Otavalo Market
Day 1 - QUITO: Arrival transfer and overnight. (2 nts - Relicario del Carmen)
Day 2 - QUITO: Walking tour; afternoon & evening at leisure. (B, Relicario del Carmen)
Day 3 - COTOPAXI: Visit craft villages, Zumbahua with its beautiful scenery, and Quilatoa lake. Trek around the lake and have a picnic lunch. Overnight in the lovely Hacienda Alegria. (1 nt, Hacienda Alegria, 1B, 1L, 1D)
Days 4 & 5 - SACHATAMIA PRIVATE RESERVE: Enroute to the reserve, drive on the slpes of Pichincha volcano then visit Yanachocha Reserve. Afternoon hike in Sachatamia private reserve. Spend the next day exploring the Mindo Cloudforest Reserve experiencing the rainforest and searching for wildlife. (2 nts - Sachatamia Lodge, 2B, 2L, 2D)
Days 6 & 7 - OTAVALO: Stop at the Equator, visit a rose farm (more interesting than it may sound), and visit the market and area villages in the Andes around Otavalo. Stay in a hacienda style inn. (2 nts - Las Palmeras, 2B, 2L, 2D)
Day 8 - DEPART: Drive to Puembo to stay in the hotel that is closest to Quito's airport. Enjoy the facilities of the hotel then transfer to the airport for your late flights home. (dayroom - Rincon de Puembo, B, L)
Have more time? You may be interested in extending into the Amazon Rainforest, or perhaps to the Galapagos Islands where land-based or yacht-based programs are available.
Starting & Ending Quito airport:
- US$ 2,540 per person, twin-share based on 4-6 people travelling together
- US$ 2,230 per person, twin -share based on 7-9 people travelling together
- US$ 2,080 per person, twin-share based on 10-15 people travelling together
- Single supplement may apply. Please inquire.
- This is also available on any dates for 2-3 people travelling together. Please ask for pricing.
All quoted prices effective at time of publication (Oct. 30, 2015). While not expected, itinerary and prices are subject to change.