Date: April 6 - 15, 2017. (with 7 night Galapagos Cruise) Sold Out!
Host: Brian Keating of Going Wild
Cost: Starting from US$ 8,779
Includes flights Quito to/from Galapagos
Trip Type: Going Wild with Brian Keating
At A Glance:
- 9 nights in Ecuador (2 nights Quito, 7 nights Galapagos)
- Starts in Quito on April 6
- Ends in Quito on April 15 (with overnight flights, you'll be back in Canada on April 16)
- includes flights Quito-Galapagos-Quito
- Special guest naturalist in the Galapagos: Carlos Mosquera
- More time? Consider Peru (Machu Picchu) or the Amazon.
- Get a taste of Galapagos; view a Breakfast TV clip from 2015.
- This trip celebrates Brian and Dee Keating's first Galapagos Adventure, 20 years ago!
- Designed as a quick getaway to an exotic location
- Professional guides throughout including a specialist naturalist guide in the Galapagos
- Specially chosen accommodations include a 5-star property in Quito and one of the most deluxe yachts in Galapagos. The Evolution offers expedition style cruising, outstanding cabins and social areas, a hand-picked crew, and inlcudes use of kayaks, snorkelling gear and wetsuits ("shorties")
- Enjoy a premium trip in all aspects
- Private touring includes historic Quito
- 7 night cruise on a deluxe mega-yacht that will be exclusive to our group with 26 guests
- Great photo opportunities of Galapagos wildlife that is virtually fearless and therefore easy to get close to
- Daily activities in the Galapagos include walks with varying degrees of difficulty; snorkelling with sea lions and other marine animals, and kayaking
Itinerary (scroll down to link to the full itinerary)
Apr. 6 & 7 - ARRIVE QUITO (2 nts, JW Marriott Hotel; 1B, 1L /cooking class): Clear customs, collect your bag and meet our Quito guide who transfers you to our hotel. Next day tour selected sites of Quito which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Participate in a private cooking class hosted by a top chef, then enjoy the dishes you have prepared as your lunch.
Apr. 8-14 - GALAPAGOS ISLANDS (7 nts, MV Evolution,7B, 7L, 7D): Fly to San Cristobal island, one of two gateways in the Galapagos and begin your cruise on the Evolution, a deluxe "mega yacht" that will accommodate up to 26 guests (plus Brian & Dee Keating) with beautifully appointed cabins on three decks (choice of cabin means different price levels; we also offer 2 cabins available for solo travellers). Visit several islands and enjoy the many bird & animal species that call these islands home. Take part in swimming, snorkeling, and possibly kayaking as well as zodiac excursions (all weather permitting).
April 15 - QUITO & HOMEWARD (1B, 1D): Visit Black Turtle Cove on Santa Cruz island then continue to Baltra Airport and fly to Quito. You'll be met and transferred to a hotel close to the airport for dinner. Later tonight you'll be transferred back to the airport to check-in for your overnight flights home. (Please ask about possible extensions. We suggest and Amazon Cruise or a lodge-based Amazon excursion. Peru's Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu are also a popular add-on to a holiday in Ecuador).
Starting & ending in Quito
|Adult, twin-share||US$ 8,779|
|Adult (Suites A2 or A3 in the Galapagos)||Add US$ 520|
|Adult (Master Suite A1 in the Galapagos)||Add US$ 775|
|Single Cabin (2 cabins possible)||Add US$ 299|
Flights Quito to/from the Galapagos are included. All quoted prices effective at time of publication (June 13, 2016). Itinerary is subject to change due to improvements or changes in local conditions; prices are subject to change.