At a Glance/Features
Date: June 4 - 13, 2017. SOLD OUT. Please call for options!
Host: Denell Falk, President of Civilized Adventures
Cost: CA$ 8,089 per adult, twin-share.
At A Glance:
- 9 nights in Iceland
- Daily breakfast and 6 dinners
- Carefully planned routing to showcase Iceland's scenic and geologic wonders
- Local professional driver-guide works with your trip host, Denell Falk, to ensure everyone has the best trip possible
"...As always, Denell encourages everyone to get the most out of the experience. A BIG thank you for arranging the extras!" (India Civilized Adventure, 2016)
"It was an unforgettable experience and opportunity. Thanks so much for all the arrangements and help - all I had to do was enjoy myself and have a fabulous time!" (Iceland fotoscool 2015)
- Stunning scenery & unique geology
- Soak in the Blue Lagoon spa
- See many powerful waterfalls, massive canyons, huge lava fields and fjords
- See the world's oldest democratic parliament in Thingvellir
- Attend a horse show to see the unique Icelandic horses in action
- 4x4 "Super jeep" trip over an-bridged glacial rivers surrounded by volcanoes cloaked in glaciers
- See nesting puffins, huge colonies of ducks and other birds
- hike on Svinafellsjokull Glacier (fully equipped, instructed and guided by a local expert)
- boat tour amid the icebergs of Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
- Visit coastal villages and town including picturesque Akureyri with its restored timber buildings
- "Into the Glacier" adventure: go right into a tunnel carved into a glacier!
June 4 - REYKJAVIK (Hotel Anarhvall, B,D): Expecting early morning arrivals, we stop for breakfast then visit the Blue Lagoon spa before checking into our hotel. Afternoon at leisure then meet for our Welcome Dinner.
June 5 - GOLDEN CIRCLE TO HELLA: THINGVELLIR • GULFOSS • GEYSIR (Hotel Ranga B, D). See the world's oldest democratic parliament at Thingvellier, the Golden Waterfall of Gulfoss, the famous geysir hot springs including Strokkur and attend a horse show that showcases the different gaits of the Icelandic horses.
June 6 - SOUTH COAST EXPLORATION (Hotel pending, B, D). See the powerful waterfall of Seljalandsfoss then go on a "Super Jeep" tour that takes you across un-bridged glacial rivers into a beautiful area where you'll be surrounded by 3 glaciers that meet here. Continue to Skogafoss waterfall; from the top you'll get awe-inspiring views of the southern coastline. Visit Reynifsjara nature reserver that protects nesting puffins and other shore birds, and marvel at the volcanic rock formations along the wide beach.
June 7- SOUTH COAST EXPLORATION (Hotel Höfn, B, D). Cross Eldhraun lava field enroute to Skaftafell National Park where you'll hike on a glacier amid ice sculptures, ridges and crevasses. An experienced guide will teach you hot wo use the equipment supplied to ensure a safe and enjoyable adventure. Cruise amid icebergs in Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon.
June 8- EAST FJORDS (Egilsstaoir Guesthouse, B, D). Drive into a region where towering mountains plunge vertically into the sea.
June 9- LAKE MýVATN • AKUREYRI (Icelandair Hotel Akureyri, B). Cross more unbelievable landscapes, see Dettifos - Europe's most powerful waterfall, and take in the stunning scenery around Lake Myvatn. See Godafoss - the waterfall of the gods, then continue to Akureyri with some of the finest restored timber buildings in the country.
June 10- SKAGAFJORDUR to STYKKISHOLMUR (Hotel Stykkisholmur, B, D). Visit a preserved historic farm with picturesque turf structures, the town fo Blonduos which is on both sides of the Blanda River, the Eiriksstadir Museum which brings Icelandic heritage to life.
June 11- SNAEFELLSNES PENINSULA (Hamar Icelandair Hotel, B, D). Explore this unique region of lava fields, volcanoes, glaciers, rock formations, yellow and black sand beaches and caves.
June 12- BORGARFJORD - INTO THE GLACIER - REYKJAVíK (Arnarhvoll Centerhotel, B, D) . Visit the most powerful hotspring in the world and journey right into the Lankjokull glacier!
June 13- DEPART REYKJAVíK (B). Airport transfers will match your ongoing travel plans. Your air routing may allow for extensions in other points on Europe; please consult with us on your options. (B)
Starting & ending in Keflavik, the airport for Reyjkavik:
- CA$ 8,089 per person, twin-share
- Single supplement: CA$ 1,475
Trip cost is based on a minimum of 12 participants plus trip host Denell Falk, President of Civilized Adventures. All quoted prices effective at time of publication, based on the exchange rate from Icelandic Kroner to CA$ (revised on Sept. 6, 2016). While not expected, itinerary and prices are subject to change.