Adventure Series Concept
The Adventure Series Concept: this series of carefully crafted trips is designed to maximize value without compromising your safari experience. Gain an understanding of local culture - past, present & future - with village visits. Observe wildlife in its natural environment on daily game drives, walks and boat or canoe excursions, depending on what's offered by each lodge or camp. Some trips in this series are hosted by an expert naturalist who is backed up by top local guides. While the trip host/naturalist can provide added interpretation and insight into wildlife behavior, the local guides know their own backyard intimately and they understand what our clients are looking for so they are responsive to your needs. You will be well taken care of. Lodges are of a high quality and well-located. Savings are found by using road travel between locations and only using flights were absolutely necessary.
Date: Aug. 3 - 16, 2017 or ask for dates of your choosing (13 nights)
Host: Expert Local Guides
Cost: Starting from US$ 6,985 (based on at least two travelling together)
Features & Highlights
- We are holding space Aug. 3 thru 16, 2017 at prime safari season but
if these dates don't work, please ask about customizing this program
- Top rated safari guides
- Diverse eco-systems and varied national parks
- Prime wildlife viewing: high season!
- Window seat guaranteed in 4WD vehicles
- Ideally located, clean & comfortable lodging
- Helicopter flight over Victoria Falls
- 2 flights within Zimbabwe are included (Hwange-Lake Kariba-Victoria Falls)
Days 1 & 2 / Aug 3 & 4 - VICTORIA FALLS (Zimbabwe): Arrival transfer. Settle in at your hotel (home for 2 nights). Next day: morning tour of the Falls plus a flight over the Falls by helicopter. Dinner at The Boma enjoying local specialties plus entertainment. (2 nts - Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, 1B, 1D)
Days 3, 4 & 5 / Aug 5, 6 & 7- UPPER ZAMBEZI & ZAMBEZI NATIONAL PARK: Drive to Zambezi National Park to our lodge, which is in a secluded private National Park concession. Stay in one of the 8 individual thatched cottages. Enjoy monrning, afternoon and night game drives and boating excursions. Walking and fishing excursions are possible with advance notice. (3 nts - Imbabala Safari Camp, 3B, 3L, 3D, all activities)
Days 6, 7, 8 & 9 / Aug 8, 9, 10 & 11 - HWANGE NATIONAL PARK: Drive south toward Hwange National Park. Settle into camp, set on a 3,000 acre private reserve. Participate in all the activities offered by the lodge, including morning, afternoon and night game drives, walking excursions, school visits and village visits. (4 nts, Elephant's Eye Camp, 4B, 4L, 4D)
Days 10, 11, 12 & 13 / Aug 12, 13, 14 & 15 - MATUSADONA NATIONAL PARK: Leave Hwange and drive to the airstrip. Fly* to Lake Kariba and transfer to Musango Camp by road & boat. Enjoy 2 safari activities each day, including walking safaris, limited game drives, fishing and canoeing on the lake. (4 nts - Musango Camp, 4B, 4L, 4D)
Day 14 / Aug. 16 - DEPART: Return to the airstrip and fly* to Victoria Falls. Connect with your international flights via Johannesburg homeward. (B)
*note: there is a 15kg baggage restriction on these flights. Remember, all lodges offer laundry services so you can travel light.
Starting & Ending in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe:
- US$ 6,985 per person, twin-share, based on at least 2 people travelling together. Due to the lodge size, space is limited on any given day.
- All quoted prices effective at time of publication (Nov. 26, 2016). While not expected, itinerary and prices are subject to change.
- If you cannot travel on the dates we list, we may have to substitute a similar lodge should space not be available during this prime season.